Category: Electricity
Estimated Date: 1880
Name: Wilmshurst Machine
Manufacturer: unknown

Description: 8×4.5×1.75” black iron stand with two 7.5” glass discs mounted so that turning a handle attached to a 3” wheel turns them against a pair of brushes on arms connected to two interupters and to two leydon jars each 4×1.5“d. The discs have a series of foil strips on the outside of each. Although not strictly medical, this is a precurser of contemporary of a wide variety of “curative devices” using static electricity.

Reference 1: 194

Wilmshurst Machine
Chloride of silver dry  cell
Grigg's Electro Magnetic Machine
Williams Glass Battery
Conducting Cord